Thursday, April 8, 2010

To Complete a Task


Do you have that feeling of satisfaction at the end of a task or project?

I have just completed a quilt I was making for a good friends daughter and at the moment that feeling rose for me. I began the quilt the night before I gave birth to Eli (he was born at 4:10am), and it has taken me a while to get back into it, but now Ahhh.. I feel like saying 'it is finished'- such famous words from the old book. When you are half way through, and unpicking it all to basically start again (a better way of doing it) it seemed like a bit of a road block but now that it is finished and looks better than it would have the other way, i am glad I took the time..relief and appreciation arises I think.

Today I have had 5 little people under 6 running around enjoying each others company in my home, and I can't help but have that same feeling arise for me now. All morning they created new and exciting games, pottered around, put everything in one place, then changed it all around and found a better way. Now as 5 has returned to 3, I sit back and think Ahh..life is good. Their little voices, the pitter patter, the swinging of a rattle, all makes me smile.

What has made you smile today?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great Kath! Well done :)

    My kids are the 3 little things that can make me smile EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Kathy. You never cease to amaze me. I wish I could get as organised as you and finish some of my UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, you are inspirational. Both for your creativity and your appreciation of the little things in life.
    Thanks for reminding me of this when I get sidetracked.
    The quilt looks amazing and will be always treasured by R and by me.
    I know how much love went into it and that means a lot! xxx

    ReplyDelete