Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Feel Free

What is it that helps you to feel free?

I still distinctly remember the moment when I walked out of the hospital after giving birth to our first born son Tom. I had ended up having a caesarian after a day and a half of labour, so after 5 long days in hospital I was ready to get out of there. I had Tom bundled up in his little sleeping bag I had made and had him cuddled in it in my arms, and as I walked out of those front doors the wind hit my face and I felt 'Free'. There was a crisp-ness in the air, and I couldn't get over how alive I felt.

This photo I took of Jay 3, yesterday and I think it captures that feeling. He looks so alive and free. His character oozes energy, fun, excitement and laughter, and I think running around and beng 'such a boy' is really so 'him'.

For me my sewing is a bit like this. I don't feel trapped or contained, rather the opposite. I feel as though nothing can stop the ideas or the ways of doing whatever, only my imagination. Which does seem to be on fire a lot of the time.

When is the last time you to felt free and alive? What were you doing?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I can totally relate to your sense of freedom through creativity and imagination! I love having something to look forward to, to get excited about and to dream for. I think I try to apply that to all areas of my life, which is very enriching.
    Yes, and how refreshing is getting outside - especially in the crisp Tassie air - renewing, refreshing, re-energising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I will have to think on this one Kath.
    Love your description of leaving hospital with Tom. Such treasured memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally- E- someting wonderful about it hey.
    Kat- yes such treasured memories that I will always treasure

    ReplyDelete